Wedding in Kenya Guidelines

This list is meant as a guideline! Please double check with your tour operator or direct with the hotel.

These things change all the time and it also depends on you place of birth etc.

Also, please keep in mind that it will take a certain amount of time to get these papers to the hotel or to the place where you decide to have your ceremony.

  • All visitors require an entry visa. Obtained from Kenyan High Commission in your country or on arrival.

  • Original Birth Certificates

  • Valid 10 year passports

  • Full names of both sets of parents (if not on Birth Certificates)

  • Statutory declaration stating that both parties are single and free to marry. This must be stamped and sealed and state the words "solicitor", "notary public" or "Commissioner of Oaths". Hand written documents are not accepted.

  • If adopted - the adoption certificate

  • If divorced - Decree Absolute with a court stamp

  • If widowed - Death Certificate of former spouse

  • If name has been changed by Deed Poll - legal proof stamped and signed by a solicitor. This also applies if a married woman has reverted back to her maiden name

  • If aged less than 21 years - parental consent in the form of Statutory Declaration stamped and signed by a solicitor

  • Minimum residency before the wedding - 4 working days

For everything else 'wedding', there is a brilliant, very comprehensive website with massive information and ideas right here in Kenya!

Return from Wedding in Kenya Guidelines to the Honeymoon in Kenya page